Monday, June 10, 2013


I bought some balcony stuff today because I am desperate to have a cute balcony this year. I am really disappointed that we don't have a yard, but I have to work with what I got. These pots were the only cute ones they had at the PX. Unfortunately living in Germany I don't have the luxury, yes I now call it a luxury, to get up and go to Wal-Mart, Target, Hobby Lobby, Home Depot, etc. and pick up cute decorative items. So I get really excited when I see something cute! It makes me kind of sad that it's our first house and we are here in Germany. It's a great experience but if you don't want to travel hours in a foreign country or don't know where to go, you're really SOL when it comes to finding cute things for your house. Plus German style is extremely different than American. Especially me being southern. I want homey, somewhat rustic, cozy decor. Not straight line modern. It's funny because growing up I wanted modern decor and now I have leaned more towards how my Nini decorates.

Tomorrow Beki and I are going to go hit up one of the only German "Home Depot" stores that I know of, OBI. I know they have plants and plant stands so I hope to grab a few.


No comments:

Post a Comment